Sunday, February 24, 2008

Quick Long Sunday run

Ran 5.1km to Campbell Parade via Sydney Road and Burnt Bridge Creek deviation then met up with TJA and ran 2 x flat 10km Manly route. Tim was planning on doing the first at 4:10 pace then the second at 4:00 pace. Was a bit nervous about this as it's a lot quicker than I normally take my long runs but it actually felt great. We were chatting all the way and ran 40:45 then 39:35. No way I could have run that pace by myself. 2km home for 27km all up.

Helped by perfect conditions this morning. Clear as a bell, quite cool (particularly at 6am) and no wind.

A great morning was topped off by jumping in the surf at Queenscliff to ease the sore legs, having seen Bec take out the flags at Nippers with a perfectly timed dive. She got a round of applause for her efforts and was as bad at me at hiding her pride...

1 comment:

tja said...

no running since sunday. thats a pretty long taper for a striders race.