Sunday, July 15, 2007

Long Sunday after bad day

26km (maybe a bit more to-ing and fro-ing) over new route trying to avoid too many hills. 1:58:30 which is just over 4:30 per km. Route is GMapped here...http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1138525. Felt great all the way around - much stronger towards the end than I've been recently on long runs so hopefully the stamina is there. The intention is to put some consecutive 100km weeks in leading up to City to Surf. It's a tough course and I always seem to fade towards the end so I'd like some more steel in the legs.

Yesterday was a shocker. I was really looking forward to the Short Course X-Country but got lost on the way after not reading the maps properly and refusing to accept my ignorance by not checking them when I was in doubt. Eventually arrived to hear the start gun go. Hadn't found Tucks' parents so couldn't even just drop the kids off and start 60 seconds after everyone else. I was in a stinking mood for the rest of the day and the poor kids bore the brunt of it. My voice is still hoarse this morning.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Pity you missed it yesterday you would have done well on that course. Nice long run again, what's with this avoiding hills? C2S full of them.