Thursday, July 12, 2007

Back on-line!

The 6th technician from Telstra finally worked it out. Simple case of rebooting my cable log-in.

My first worry with Kirsten taking a week off to the UK was how I'd fit my runs in with looking after the kids. Then Sophie Allchurch popped up, but I didn't feel as though I could book her for babysitting for less than 2 hours. The result of this has been a pretty heavy week of running.

Have run 18kms on Tuesday, Wednesday and today - the short North Head Sunday route plus the loop around Campbell Parade. Each time I do some marathon pace work - the mile along Manly Beach and the final 2km of the Striders North Head course (courtesy of Action's road markings). Bizarrely, the total time on each day has been 1:20:30 or thereabouts. The fast stretches were as follows:

Tuesday - 5:28 for Manly mile and 6:38 for North Head 2km (3:28 and 3:10)
Wednesday - 5:16 and 6:40 (3:28 and 3:12)
Thursday - 5:22 and 6:35 (3:28 and 3:07)

All pretty consistent around the 10km race pace (3:18). Today and yesterday were quite windy so pleased with those times. It's interesting to look at the North Head splits - that 8-9km section is pretty tough - I really pushed it today yet could only manage 3:28 yet the final km in 3:07 came much more easily. I reckon it's almost spot on a mile from Queenscliff to Manly surf clubs - might G-Map it shortly...

I'm pretty knackered by the end but have felt fine each morning - probably a result of not having to work and getting plenty of sleep. Planning to just jog the course tomorrow and run the ANSW short course cross-country on Saturday if I can find someone to watch ove the kids (volunteers would be appreciated!).

Groin still tight but getting better each day. Knee problem seems to have disappeared.

No comments: