Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sydney Striders - Lane Cove 10km

34:06

Slightly disappointed not to dip under 34 as it was all set up for me. But pleased to be quicker than November and not too bad considering it's been a heavy week.

Set off with Tim Ashby and Fats and ran with them both for the first 3km. Then had my usual tough patch between 3 and 5km where Tim pulled ahead by about 15 seconds. Fats had dropped back, but Andrew Tuckey came past at 4km and started to close on Tim. From the hill before the turn around I had been caught by Jared Poppett who ran I ran with until about 8km - both of us taking the turn to lead in equal part. He then dropped me on the final hill and pushed on to dip under 34.

Great crowd (355 finishers). Did a warm down with Richard Mullaney who took the first 5km easy then pushed the second.

14km all up for a 89km week.

No comments: