Sunday, January 31, 2021

Some running and some cycling

Friday was a brief 8km to Shelly and back coming home to find Timmy in the house eating a chicken lunch. At least the leftovers fed Ruby for the afternoon. We had the inaugural England v Ireland golf tournament at Wakehurst in the afternoon. The Irish, unburdened by Enda way who was a late pull-out, could rely on their better players to sneak a win against Team England. Great afternoon despite the crap weather. Durante and I then met Darren, Enda and Micky at the Wharf Bar, drank way too much which left me hungover on Saturday am.

Rather than do the sensible thing and have an easy day on Saturday, I’d arranged to do 500’s with Darren. Could only manage them in the afternoon although did get up to take Maggie to Parkrun at Curly where she ran 21:50 with Zara her bestie. Anyway, chased Darren in vain but on 7th rep started to feel the right hamstring tighten a bit. Was getting worse on 8th rep so upped stumps and limped home. Think I got it early so hoping it’s only 4-5 days rest but it’s very tight when trying to touch my toes.

Woke up Sunday feeling sorry for myself but while walking the dog I decided to sort my bikes out and jump on straightaway. I’ve got Westpac Tour de Cure and L’Etape in March in any case so need to get some bike fitness back. Went on the indoor trainer as it was wet outside, decided on 4 Box Hill loops on Zwift (67km with 1,000m+ vert). Got two loops through and was getting light-headed from loss of fluid sweating. So stopped half way through 4th loop at 51km (170W Ave). Ok start, just need to keep it going.

No comments: