Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Still cycling

Well Monday was a cycle commute to and from work trying to get something done each day. Normally when I pick up an injury I have 4-5 days in denial feeling sorry for myself and drinking. But have tried to avoid that.

Crap night’s sleep with the dog bizarrely whining all night in her cage. I refuse to relent (bit like controlled crying for the kids when they were tiny) but Kirst cracked after 2 hours. Meant I woke this am feeling knackered. Drop Claudie for the bus on the scooter in the driving rain and, feeling completely down, decided to punish myself on the indoor trainer by doing “The Wringer” as the Zwift training session. It’s a killer - 30s intervals at max Watts (470W, based on my old FTP) with decreasing rest periods. 45mins all up. Sweated so much I almost fainted getting off the bike. But got some happy hormones from punishing myself.

Decided this should be the plan going forward. Like July-November last year, mix the running with cycling but include some high intensity stuff in there. It causes no injury reaction and still tests the HR.

1 comment:

David said...

Blimey you were back, but injured and then gone again. I took a peak at your blog as I wanted to check your dads PBs and age when set,looking for motivation.But jeez,i am now 10 years older!
Hope you are getting back on the road.