Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Tuesday bike/run

Up at Sparrow's Fart to meet a a cycling crew comprising Manly based mates Toby, Dave Chapel, Rich "Smitty", Charlie Ridout and another chap I missed the name of.  Met at Warringah Mall at 5.30am with me wearing my sunnies.  I have to wear them on longer rides as I get bloodshot eyes otherwise but it was pitch black at 5.30am and I think the other blokes thought I was mad.

They go quite hard up to Church Pt with a final sprint finish and then cruise back along the beaches stopping for coffee at Curl Curl which was great.  In truth, Toby and I did all the work up to Church Pt with Smitty coming by for a final sprint with 500m to go, Toby and I leaving him to suffer for 300m before Toby jumped away and me losing his wheel to finish 2nd.  After coffee I grabbed my back pack from home, rode to work pushing Parriwi Rd (3:25) and the infamous "Intermediate Hill Sprint" (21s) for 60km all up.

Headed out in the afternoon for a 10km run.  Heel felt a bit tight but stretched it out around Barangaroo which made a huge difference.  All the riding has made my legs like bamboo sticks.  But the run got better the further I went and finished averaging 4:25's.  Plenty of stretching in the evening and the achilles was much better this morning.  Feel like the tear in it has healed and now I'm dealing with the usual achilles issues I've had for years.  May even try some speedwork soon.

No comments: