Thursday, April 15, 2010

HuRTS 4 x 2km

Had a pretty big night with the HuRT Squad last night at Hurricane's in Bondi as a farewell to Serg. Plenty of trash talk going on. I bet MC $50 that Timmy L would beat him in the State 10km and he leaped up to shake my hand on it. I have full confidence in young Timmy though. No-one rises to a challenge like him and you know you'll always get 100%. Ate a full rack of Pork Ribs and fries topped off with a sticky date pudding and plenty of beer. I could barely move this morning and didn't fancy today's session. But, as Woody Allen said, 80% of success is just showing up so that's what I did.

Times went as follows:

6:35
6:35
6:32
6:33

So nice and consistent. Strict 2 minute rest (Sean's gave us 3mins). Ran the first with Fats with Tucks about 12s in front. Fats dropped off during the second so I was chasing Tucks and Binfield (who decided to join us upfront), a little closer to Tucks this time. Third was same as the second, again getting closer. Final rep I felt lactic after 500m but just concentrated on Binfield's back and then (after overtaking JB) Tucks'. Must remember that tactic. If just just concentrate on someon's back, it seems to get closer to you and gives you something to divert your mind from how crap you feel.

Knackered at the end but a good session.

Timmy - MC ran 7:03; 6:59; 7:03; 7:03 but looked well spent. Doesn't compare to your hilly 7:06's run yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom, What you doing to me? I think Mr Conway will be to strong this time. My 2k reps were closer to 8 mins not 7:)
Although i think i can get some money back for you from you running a sub 34 minutes after my little bet with one D.Kane?
cheers