Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Return to Pain

1km warm up + 6km Pain + 4km warmdown.

The first group in Pain just gets stronger and stronger. David Clark and I were bemoaning this at the top of the hill after the penultimate rep. Great crowd today - Ray, Richard H, Durante, David Clark, Steve Thurston, Mike, Tucks (back from injury), Phil Woods, Anthony Murrell etc. I led the group around in 25:27 - so pretty quick. That didn't stop Durante running 1:52 on the long rep, followed by David in 1:55 and me in 1:57. Tried to push on between the mosaics but still had yesterday's long runs in my legs. Pushed ahead on the two reps at the top of the hill but over the final two reps I'm finishing half way down the field.

Warmdown of 4km with Durante due to not having sufficient time to do a proper warm up. If he doesn't run under 2:50 at Gold Coast I'll eat my hat.

No comments: