Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Serious Pain

4km warm up + 6km Pain + 1km warmdown = 11km.

Prepared myself for a tough session today (despite a broken night's sleep rushing to the hospital at midnight) after last week's slow affair. A few of the usual crowd were missing but with Durante, Dave Clarke and the fast improving Mike and Anthony there, there was plenty of competition about. I tried to push all of the early reps in order to take the sting out of Durante's tail on the long rep. Didn't quite work. He and Dave set off like a couple of hares on the long rep while I just concentrated on not letting the gap exceed 5 yards. Sensed Dave was weakening after the first mosaic and was slowly catching Durante after the second mosaic but failed by a yard to get him. Still recorded easily my fastest time (1:53) for the 709m. It's probably not too far off my 800m PB.

Just about held it together for the two grass reps along the top but was weak on the penultimate hill. Mike finished very strongly and Anthony too was looking good. 25:55 all up so a very good session.

I'm predicting Mike will run sub 35:30 at Lane Cove on Saturday morning and Michael will go sub-35, weather permitting.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Where's the Tom prediction for Lane Cove?

Unknown said...

Flake - missing my first Striders 10km of the season and running State X-Country relays in the afternoon instead.

Anonymous said...

thats a shame I was after revenge from north head

tim a