Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tuesday ES Marks


Usual jog there with the achilles and bruised foot feeling much better (achilles as good as it's been in weeks).

Just Benny this evening and when he said 5 x broken miles off a rolling 6:30 I thought he was describing his own set, not mine.  Different broken miles this time being 400m hard, 200m float, 400m hard, 200m float, 400m hard.  Everyone was doing slightly different variations with Hamish running 4 at even pace and Neil doing 4 broken versions with me.

Hamish was running well and ahead on each rep, pulling ahead on my floats.  Did the first rep in 5:03 chasing him and I was cooked from then.  Wanted to pull the pin after rep two and was conjuring up all manner of excuses to explain to Benny.  But then after rep 3 you've broken the back and, even though I was getting lactic, managed to finish them all going 5:08, 5:12, 5:12, 5:13.  Not bad in retrospect but at the time it was sheer hell - mentally one of the toughest sessions I've had to endure.  8km of running all up at 3:10-3:15 pace with few rests.  But the body is feeling in good shape.

15km all up including cool down.

15 days to go.

Have got kids pack lunch prep down to 30 mins.  They now think my packed lunches are the best ever.  I find that buying bouncy white bread, Jatz and Arnotts Premium Choc Chip cookies works a treat.

No comments: