Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Flushing out the DOMS

Popped down to HuRTS, not intending to run hard, but just for a social run.  Turned out there was no session on the calendar so after many fraught emails I set a 35min fartlek at 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1mins off 1min jog.  Turns out to be more of a 35min tempo than anything else, particularly after you hit 20mins having only had 2mins jog.  But keeps the pace up the whole way with increasing breaks after shorter efforts.

Great turnout on a beautiful day with Scotty, Barts, Crossy, J-Fen, Brendon, Jerome & co all upfront with Enda, Birchy, Timmy and Taffy all showing up from the HuRT Squad Social Set.

Ran with Timmy most of the way averaging 3:51 by the end of my 35mins.  Legs not too bad at all.  I think given all the bludging I was doing on Sunday into the wind meant I didn't kill myself too much.  Cold has started to clear up too.

3 weeks and 1 day to JPMorgan...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enquiring minds want to know when you are going to update your C2S PB on the blog.

Unknown said...

When I eventually log in to the blog via a PC rather than my phone!