Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Back blogging

Well, it was a magic 3.5 weeks in Switzerland, Italy and Scotland.  A few token jogs which in now way compensated for the booze intake and dessert eating.  Squeezed into my suit for work this morning pretending I still needed the same hole in my belt as 4 weeks ago. 

Rocked up to HuRTS today to discover Barts LEADING A BREAKAWAY SESSION with the HuRTS elite.  I stayed loyal.

Session was 45min tempo.  Just what I've been lacking.  Quentin took off (he seems to have hit some form) while I ran with Fats and Dean Degan with Macca just behind.  22.5mins was about 100m past the first speed bump and about 20m behind Fats.  Legs were a bit fatigued now.  Only got off the flight from Newcastle 14 hours previously so not too surprising.  Quentin came storming by before the O House with Fats just behind so ran with Fats from there.  Pushed up the hills to get back just under 45mins (44:57).  Long warmdown with Q and Mikey for 18km all up.

Going to see the Tiger tomorrow as my left glute is sore.  Too much carrying Claudia up big mountains.

Been hearing a lot of carry on about Enda's form.  Apparently he's out to beat me at City to Surf.  Well, I'm overweight and under fitness and Enda knows when to take his chances and strike.  It'll be close given how well he's running, but just the motivation I need.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Good to have you back Chairman, And yes Enda is confident of taking you although i'd still back you.....even carrying Claudia on your bck for the 14ks of the race. see you at training,cheers

Enda said...

Tom Tom Tom as a partner in a major law firm I had you down as a pretty smart guy and certainly not gullible enough to fall for Timmy's thrash talk... I've done my bit for this year and am now putting my feet up, I'll just be jogging around on the day