Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Timmy Lindop

Did a session with Carl (physiologist) this morning where, after weeks of loosening and strengthening my back, we finally started working the hammies. 45mins of solid work. My legs were still wobbling at noon when I headed down to HuRTs. Took Alex along from work (secret gun) who did well running 4.9km in the 20mins hanging on to LF Charlie. A sub23 JPMorgan is on the cards.

I set off with Tucks and J-Fen hunting down a marauding Rob Costello feeling great for about a km. then suddenly my legs (basically my hammies) just felt dead and I contemplated giving up there and then. Andy soon caught and passed. At CQ Kanser and MC caught and I managed to stick to them. Breathing was fine but the legs were gooooone. Should say is was about 32C too which didn't help. I think we averaged 3:38's on the way out. On the way back Kanser pushed ahead and I ran with Mikey until the Opera house and pushed on a bit after that. Finished in 20:16, pleased it was all over.

Where to start on Young Timmy? I've been delaying his write-up just to piss him off but now he's not talking to anyone and avoiding HuRTS sessions, it's about time to cover him. Timmy's an enigma. Always joking, but takes his fitness very seriously. Always winding people up, but easily wound up. Always with a drink in his hand, unless a certain ex-organiser of 10kms should be in the vicinity. Looks as though he gives 110% in every race, but I'm still not sure I've met anyone else with a sub35 10km PB fail to perform 45minute pacing duties. Proprietor of the second best running blog on the internet, but would lose a spelling-bee to my boy Charlie. Timmy has been running Striders since Brendan Foster could fit into a pair of shorts. He knows everyone and always has a word to say. He's got a very respectable 10km PB (34:24), a pretty good Half PB (1:16:xx) and an average marathon PB (2:47). Runs great 400m reps, but don't watch him do a 45min fartlek. Rides a damn good bike leg and, from where I'm viewing, seems to swim pretty well too. He makes turning up to races fun, having a beer afterwards more fun and my kids love him to boot. An all round good bloke.

Timmy, at left, following very rare win.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

I see Timmy has written number 1 on his arm. Fair call. And you hid your floaties well.

James said...

I was sure that you'd drop the 'An all round good bloke' for Timmy. Surprised to see it made the edit!
My blog has been updated for the CCC if you'd care to revise your link.

Charlie said...

I'm with you James. I secretly call him "Mozzie" due to that irritating habit he has of buzzing in your ear non stop. "An all round pest" would have been more accurate.