Thursday, June 04, 2009

Updates

Heel not so good this week which is very frustrating. Just as things seemed to be taking a step forward I take 2 steps back. Did a very easy jog yesterday after a Tiger massage, other than that it was a ride home on Monday (new PB I think in 38:43), ride in and out on Tuesday and rides in and out today. Threw all my effort in Parriwi Rd today managing a 3:32 - legs were numb even at the first turn and were jelly with 100m to go. Pretty pleased especially as I had no momentum at the bottom of the hill due to a traffic jam.

Watched Rebecca run her area X-Country yesterday. She came 40th out of 60 and made me incredibly proud. She's only in Yr 2 yet was running against girls in Yr 4 - she looked tiny compared to most of them. She obviously gave it everything and was knackered at the end. She complained this morning about her legs being "sore". I'd like to wake up in the morning just once when my legs aren't sore. Manly West kicked ass. Those kids from the posh surburbs like Balgowlah Heights and Seaforth may teach maths better but the kids aren't half as fit.

No comments: