Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Starting up again

So, I'm going to start posting more regularly in the hope of kick-starting a more regular training regime. 

The achilles is sore for 24 hours after each run but I'm able to progressively run further and faster each time before it affects my form.  I think it's at the stage where running is not detrimental to it but just needs to be managed.  I'm doing 120 eccentric loading heel drops per day and more rolling out than Macca on a Sunday morning.  

Yesterday was 10km in 45mins.  Had to work hard to maintain 4:30's, such has been my drop off in form.  I've put on a load of weight but not bothered by that. Just want to run free again.

News of the day was Britain's formal invocation of Article 50 to trigger Brexit.  To be honest, I don't know enough about the economic fundamentals to have a real feel on the sensibility of the decision.  It feels wrong and I was sympathetic to a Labour politician on ABC24 asking people to remember what Britain was like economically before 1973 when they joined.  But then Britain wasn't much better in the late 70's in the era of national strikes, high inflation and the 3 day week.

So you have to do a straw poll. In 5 years time, will:

(a) the pound be stronger against the Euro than it is now?
(b) the FTSE have risen by a greater percentage than the DAX?

I'll guess no to both.

1 comment:

Sammy Agnew said...

Doode both of those questions are not true indicators.

1. The pound has already heavily retreated against the euro
2. The FTSE is made up of global companies who ironically always benefit from a falling pound when they translate their global profits back into gbp. Ironically this has driven the most recent increases, i.e. the FTSE is not reflective of the Uk real economy
3. We are doomed. I have 750 days to get the fcuk out of here
4. Glad to see you back